Saturday 15 October 2011

My Indian drawer

I have various places where I store my jewellery....

I have a very small jewellery box on my bedside drawer
In my wardrobe I have a basket which holds my Indian jewellery sets, each in their own box
Along the top of my mirror which I use every mornings I have bent hair pins (classy I know!) and hung necklaces  on the pin, this is so I see them ever day and use them (I'm a very "out of sight, out of mind" type of girl
A huge gift/storage box which contains sandwich bags (again, oh so chic!) full of coloured Indian bangles which I tend to not wear so much these days as I prefer to wear either golds, silver, or antique golds, depending on the Indian outfit I'm wearing
A drawer in my dresser which contains all bracelets, bindis, and small jewellery sets

Below is pictures of the drawer that holds many of my Indian accessories....







I like to see pieces as soon as I open my drawer, rather then having boxes with lids on. Tonight I am attending my two year old nephews birthday party and I plan to wear a mainly black outfit with blue and gold in. I will probably wear more western jewellery as that's the style of the outfit. I will take pictures once the outfit and accessories are all together. 

If you would like specific details on anything, let me know.

Oh and if you're wondering, the vast amount of white string in one of the boxes is used for threading through the salwaar part of my Indian outfits and through the top of petticoats for sarees. Would anyone be interested in more details on my Indian outfits?

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. you have an amazing collection of Jewellery! I think Indian accessories are incredibly beautiful and so out there! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete