Saturday 15 October 2011

Shellac nails

After reading a post on Laura's blog (http://www.buynowbloglater.com/2011/10/pink-smoothie.html) on Shellac nails, I was determined to find somewhere local to me. After some research (all I did was google "shellac" and my home town name) I made an appointment. I went this morning and wasn't entirely impressed with the results, but this is solely because of the lady who did my nails and not the actual products used. The whole manicure cost me only £15 which just goes to show you get what you pay for. 

For more information on Shellac go to http://www.nailsmag.com/article/1061/shellac-your-nails. When done well the treatment should last for 2-3 weeks and once removed correctly there will be minimal or no damage to nails.

As soon as I got home I grabbed my Maybelline Forever Strong Pro in Midnight Red, around £4 and went over it. The colour hadn't been applied close to the edge so I had gaps on almost all nails. I then applied a top coat, Nails Inc. Save the Nail 45 Second Top Coat (amazing value at about £4.50 and available at Boots).

I'm currently researching UV Nail Lamps and looking at buying my own, ebay sells ones for as little as £8.99, does anyone know if these are any good? I would then have to purchase Shellac Base and Top Coats as well as colours. I'm quite good at doing my own nails so I'm thinking this is a good long-term option. 

This is the final result....

I still need to tidy it up a bit but I did a much better job than the "professional".

Anyone else tried Shellac?

3 comments:

  1. I read Laura's blog too and it made we want the exact same thing! I havent got round to getting it done yet, but will make sure when I do that I pay a little more than £1.50 hehe!

    Fab Blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I meant to say £15 haha, will fix that now!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I was gonna say! £1.50 really what did you expect?!?

    Following your blog, it's a great read! x

    ReplyDelete