Friday 18 November 2011

a little surprise...

Hope you're all well and have had a good week, I for one am so glad the working week is over, bring on the weekend!

Today at work I was given a present, it was from our office cleaner who is such a nice woman. She has been dealt some bad card in her life and always seems to have the weight of the world on her shoulders. Yesterday my team, including the cleaner, were discussing ring sizes, as you do! I pointed out how I have skinny fingers. The today she came if and gave me a ring that belonged to her daughter who died around 3 years ago. I was touched by the gesture, I have no idea of the rings worth or history. Apparently the owner was a bit of a hoarder, I'm sure we would have got on very well! 

The ring is very me, and here is a picture


The ring features 3 oval shaped stones. I did originally feel uncomfortable taking it but my friend did say it would mean a lot to her as she doesn't like the idea of her daughters belongings just remaining unworn. 

All in all, the ring left me feeling very good and it's nice to think that my friend thinks enough of me to give me something that belonged to her daughter.

Have you ever received anything that made you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

1 comment:

  1. Thats really sweet that she gave you that!! Such a lovely ring too :)

    ReplyDelete